We arrived safe and sound last night around 6:30 pm (Estonia time). We checked into our hotel and then came to the missionaries house for dinner. I wasnt sure about the whole jet lag thing, but it was ok. I went to sleep here around 10 pm, woke up at 3 am, went back to sleep around 5 and then woke up at 8 am. I am definitly ready for bed tonight!
This morning, breakfast was an experience! The hotel has a buffet for breakfast and we went up around 9 am. I was expecting "normal" breakfast food- I was in for a pleasant suprise! There was little "hot dogs," sausage things, PICKLES, beets, tomatoes, CHEESE, meats, and other things that didnt seem very breakfast-like. I thought it was great!
The rest of the day was spent exploring the Old Town. It is the medieva walled part of the city that is just beautiful. We ate lunch at a place called Old Hansa - it's a medeival restaurant that serves the old style of food. I ate liver pate, tounge jelly, hard boiled qual egg for appetizers, and then the main course for me was roasted rabbit with some other veggies. I loved the meat! Dan had roasted wild boar and elk meat along with the appetizers. It was quite the experience!
We have just finished dinner and will be heading back to the hotel to get rested up for our trip to Finland tomorrow! very excited about the cruise ship we will be traveling on:)
The biggest culteral differences I have found so far is the bathroom shower - there is nothing that separates the shower from the rest of the bathroom other than a curtain. The bedding was a little confusing but we figured it out (i think:) Other than that I think everthing else is what I expected. I drank real Pepsi at dinner!
This pic is of me and Dan in the Minneapolis airport right before we left.

1 comment:
Wow Leah, roasted boar, elk, and rabbit? It will be neat to see where God sends you. You'll probably have to eat these things regularly. At least they taste good. I would like to try some unique things. I'm sure in God's timing I will. Eat'um up yum, yum!
Post a Comment