We had quite a scare yesterday! My pastor told me that the mail had lost our visa applications, and it wouldn't have been so terrible if our passports had not been with the applications! This was around 8:30 yesterday morning. I let a few people know to start praying; if our applications and passports were lost, we would not be going into Russia and we would have to pay to get duplicate passports. That alone would have cost an additional $200 and we have already paid the $170 per person for the Russia visas that would probably not have been refunded.
By 10:30, our applications had arrived at the Russian Embassy in Washington D.C.! Even as I am writing this now I realize again how good God is and how much He cares for us. It is a reminder to me not to worry about anything because God is in control and he ALWAYS wants what it best for us.
On our trip, I hope to be posting updates every day. I also plan on posting pictures of the places and people we will be seeing. We leave on February 1st, just a few short weeks away! Several people have asked me if I am excited about the trip - we have been planning it for over a year so it does not seem like it is a reality right now. I'm sure when I start packing it will be!
I have a prayer request - I will be starting a high school girls Bible study in about one week. Please pray for me that I will have wisdom in training these girls and for the girls themselves, that their hearts will be open. It will last until the end of the school year.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment